DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Trying to format column Proc Report using ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP to character to keep leading zeros.

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Trying to format column Proc Report using ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP to character to keep leading zeros.

[ Edited ]

I have researched  the communities board on this and found learned that character data is changed to numeric data when it is output to excel via ODS.  I have an 'ID' column which is a character format and can contain leading zeros.  I am using PROC REPORT.  I can't find any examples when using this.   I have tried the following but it does not work.  Maybe I am placing the tagattr in the wrong place?  Any help would be appreciated!!

ORIGINAL
proc report data=work.EOM_ACCCOUNTS;
columns ID;

Define ID     / display 'Entity ID' LEFT 
style(column)=[font_size=8pt width=.5in]
style(header)=[font_size=8pt font_face='Times' font_weight=bold just=LEFT];

CHANGED:
proc report data=work.EOM_ACCCOUNTS;

columns ID;

Define ID     / display 'Entity ID' LEFT style={tagattr='Format:@'}

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-04-2016 10:30 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trying to format column Proc Report using ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP to character to keep leading zeros

Thanks Ksharp!   I got it to work after trying many different ways.  This is how I wound up getting the leading zeros:

Define ID / display 'Entity ID'

style(column)=[font_size=8pt width=.7in tagattr='Format:@']

I think my problem was I was trying to keep the '{' character inside the [font....].  When I removed the '{', it worked!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trying to format column Proc Report using ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP to character to keep leading zeros

[ Edited ]

My copy/paste did not get all of the lines intended for under the 'CHANGED' for the code. Here are all the lines:

Define ID / display 'Entity ID' LEFT style={tagattr='Format:@'}

Super User

Maybe you could try 

style={tagattr='Format:000,000'}

Solution
‎03-04-2016 10:30 AM
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Ksharp!   I got it to work after trying many different ways.  This is how I wound up getting the leading zeros:

Define ID / display 'Entity ID'

style(column)=[font_size=8pt width=.7in tagattr='Format:@']

I think my problem was I was trying to keep the '{' character inside the [font....].  When I removed the '{', it worked!

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation