BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pixbuf
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all, I'm having trouble setting the sasautos option. When I include this line in ~/.sasv9.cfg it doesn't work (but it used to with SAS 9.1):

-sasautos ("$HOME/futs/macros" "/mnt/data/PROGRAM_ARCHIVE" "$HOME/maclib" "/export/opt/SAS9.3Home/SASFoundation/9.3/sasautos")

I get this message in the log file:

10         %let formlevel=13A;

11         %let lformlevel=%lowcase(&formlevel);

WARNING: Apparent invocation of macro LOWCASE not resolved.

SYMBOLGEN:  Macro variable FORMLEVEL resolves to 13A

But when I include these lines in my program it works:

filename AUTODIR '/export/opt/SAS9.3Home/SASFoundation/9.3/sasautos';

filename SASAUTOS "$HOME/futs/macros";

options sasautos=(AUTODIR, SASAUTOS) MPRINT;

and I get these lines in the log file:

10         %let formlevel=13A;

11         %let lformlevel=%lowcase(&formlevel);

MLOGIC:  Beginning compilation of LOWCASE using the autocall file

/export/opt/SAS9.3Home/SASFoundation/9.3/sasautos/lowcase.sas.

MLOGIC:  Ending compilation of LOWCASE.

MLOGIC(LOWCASE):  Beginning execution.

MLOGIC(LOWCASE):  This macro was compiled from the autocall file

/export/opt/SAS9.3Home/SASFoundation/9.3/sasautos/lowcase.sas

SYMBOLGEN:  Macro variable FORMLEVEL resolves to 13A

MLOGIC(LOWCASE):  Parameter STRING has value 13A

SYMBOLGEN:  Macro variable STRING resolves to 13A

MLOGIC(LOWCASE):  Ending execution.

I don't want to have to include those lines in every program. It should work if I include that directory in .sasv9.cfg. Can anyone tell me why it doesn't?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pixbuf
Calcite | Level 5

proc options pointed me in the right direction to solve this. It turns out that for some forgotten reason, I had set the SASV9_OPTIONS environment variable in my ~/.bashrc file. The environment variable is sourced after the ~/.sasv9.cfg file so even if I changes the config file, the environment variable took precedence. The the options statement in the program is given the highest precedence. I just got rid of the environment variable and now things are fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Run PROC OPTIONS to confirm if SASAUTOS is being set correctly via your CONFIG file.

pixbuf
Calcite | Level 5

proc options pointed me in the right direction to solve this. It turns out that for some forgotten reason, I had set the SASV9_OPTIONS environment variable in my ~/.bashrc file. The environment variable is sourced after the ~/.sasv9.cfg file so even if I changes the config file, the environment variable took precedence. The the options statement in the program is given the highest precedence. I just got rid of the environment variable and now things are fine.

Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

may be you can try

options sasautos=(AUTODIR, SASAUTOS) MPRINT NOMLOGIC NOSYMBOLGEN;

Thanks,
Jag

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation