BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Muwanguzi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hullo

I am having a hard time finding a SAS Role ,does anyone have any advice i could use. I have studied BASE SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL and SAS/MAcros, I have the Base SAS certification and preparing for the Advanced. my background is SQL, MYSQL and Oracle.  

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

IMO the problem at this point isn't certification. It's either work experience or lack thereof, lack of opportunities in your geographic area, or a bad resume.  Look for mentorship opportunities in your area that can help deal with these issues. They may say more certification will help, but certification is a nice to have, not mandatory when hiring. I can train people to code. It's harder to train someone to write clearly, ask clear questions, communicate well and/or have interpersonal skills.  

Hope this is helpful. 

Cheers!

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Congrats on your certification!

What a better place to hone your skills, prove yourself, and build your confidence than this Forum. Challenge yourself and help others by answering real-life questions posted here.

Best of luck!

PG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation