BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I have two servers that cannot talk to each other.  How can I setup a process on a workstation to transfer a set of SAS datasets from one server to another?

5 REPLIES 5
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Yes, this can be done with SFTP from one server to another.  I understand that the standard process is to use Enterprise Guide to create the code to transfer between the servers.  I have not found documentation on how this is done.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Please clarify "cannot talk to each other".
Start with your IT department to figure out which paths are available to you to route your data.
Then come back and see if it's feasable to do it use g SAS.
Are the both servers sharing the same OS and encoding?
Data never sleeps
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The servers cannot talk with each other.  Files can be transferred using a workstation, SMTP, and enterprise guide.  I'm trying to figure out how this is done.  The operating system is not relevant.

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Our SAS admin changed a setting which allowed me to transfer the data over.  No clue what he changed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation