BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Bankshot
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

In the past, the following code has worked for me in moving a data set containing 14 million rows into Teradata without a hiccup. 

%put *** rchtera;
%dbcon(rchtera);
%libdbcon(tera,rchtera, dsw_raroc);

proc sql;
create table tera.LMA_1712 (fastload=yes sessions=4 tenacity=5 sleep=5 dbcommit=100000) as
select *
from data.LMA_1712_1;
quit; 

However this happened when I tried to do the same with another dataset I have:

ERROR: Error attempting to CREATE a DBMS table. ERROR: Teradata execute: The Maximum Possible Row Length in the Table is too Large.. So I divided my data into smaller datasets yet still no luck. Even cutting down the number of rows and dropping columns I don't need, I still get this error even when USCF_raw contains less than 600 rows. What can I do to get over this? 

proc sql;
create table tera.USCF_acclv_CO_Rcv (fastload=yes dbcommit=10000) as
select *
from myQRE.USCF_raw;
quit; 

Thanks again for any input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

The message is about row length, so splitting the table while keeping the same row length is not helping.

Have a look at your variables to see what could be causing the issue as @kiranv_ said. Can you shorten or remove some of them?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kiranv_
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

if you teradata sql assistant check whether you character column which is very long. do a describe table in SAS for teradta table using libname or do a show table in Teradata SQL assistant.

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

The message is about row length, so splitting the table while keeping the same row length is not helping.

Have a look at your variables to see what could be causing the issue as @kiranv_ said. Can you shorten or remove some of them?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation