from T_LN

where cat_id in (2,3,5)

option (maxdop 4)

)ln

);

disconnect from sqlsvr;

Quit;

This is a passthrough query that initially results in close to 900K records

I use the table later in a proc report and attempting to create and place contents into a temp table in effort to get the proc report to process faster.  I created a dataset however it does not speed up processing in the proc report.  Is a temp table the answer and can I get an example

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Do i understand you correctly that your current situation is that you created a 900K observation SAS data set, and your PROC REPORT on that data is too slow?
Rum your report using OPTIONS FULLSTIMER; to attempt to understand where your bottleneck is.
Even if 900K doesnt sound huge, you might want try to limit the data further if possible.
Data never sleeps
Reeza
Super User

You're using * in your SELECT statement. How many variables are you using in your report compared to whats in the data set? What happens if you limit the number of variables?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation