BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I received this error:

34 %window start
35 #4 @22 'Building Drilldown Capabilities Dynamically in SAS Output using Base SAS' COLOR = BLUE attr = underline
36 #9 @10 'Are we doing Crosstab or One way Frequency?(1-One way Freq, 2-Crosstab)' COLOR = RED @90 FRQ 2
37 attr=underline
38 color=RED REQUIRED=YES
39 14 @10 'Press ENTER to continue' COLOR = RED;
__
ERROR: %WINDOW statement not processed due to errors.
ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: a name, #, +, @.

40 %display start;
ERROR: Unable to open window macro file START.

After running this code:

%let PROJECT=SUGI2009;
%let dataset=STUDENT;
%let path=C:\Documents and Settings\test\SAS\HTML\;
libname dsn ".";
%MACRO RemoveFiles;
x del "&path\html\*.html";
%MEND;
%RemoveFiles;
%window start
#4 @22 'Building Drilldown Capabilities Dynamically in SAS Output using Base SAS' COLOR = BLUE attr = underline
#9 @10 'Are we doing Crosstab or One way Frequency?(1-One way Freq, 2-Crosstab)' COLOR = RED @90 FRQ 2
attr=underline
color=RED REQUIRED=YES
14 @10 'Press ENTER to continue' COLOR = RED;
%display start;

I tried changing "14" to "#14 @10 'Press ENTER to continue' COLOR = RED;" and got this error:
ERROR: The MACRO windowing environment cannot be initialized due to a XU supervisor failure.

I'm able to use the "X Command" (ie "XCMD The X Command is valid in this SAS session")
Any suggestions? Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
The code works in SAS 9.1.
This appears to be a EG issue.
Has anyone solved this issue in EG?
Thank you.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Suggest you open a track with SAS technical support in order to be best served with your problem symptom, as explained.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
For information about the X command and EG, see this posting:
http://blogs.sas.com/sasdummy/index.php?/archives/136-Using-the-X-and-SYSTASK-commands-from-SAS-Ente...

I do not believe that you can run %WINDOW commands on EG either, because EG is a "headless" client application -- that is -- all program code that you submit will be submitted in "batch" mode. %WINDOW is meant to pop open a window in a local SAS/Display Manager session.

This SAS presents summary (on page 7):
http://support.sas.com/rnd/papers/sugi31/egprogrammers.pdf
says:
EG does not support SAS AF, FSP, Insight, or SCL

which means that Display Manager features like the VAR, CAT, LIB and KEYS windows won't "pop" and can't be invoked. I thought %WINDOW windows fell into this same category. You'd have to check with Tech Support to verify that %WINDOW won't work in an EG environment.

When you use EG, if you want to prompt a user for parameters needed to run a program or task, EG has the Parameter Manager, which is designed for this purpose. The advantage of using EG Parameters and the Parameter Manager is that this kind of project could easily be turned into a stored process, whereas a project or program that used %WINDOW could not, as easily, be turned into a stored process.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation