DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Synchronize users between SAS Metadata and LDAP

Occasional Contributor

Synchronize users between SAS Metadata and LDAP

Hello guys,

I need to synchronize my LDAP users with the SAS metadata. I was trying to adapt the code provided by SAS (importad.sas), but due to the lack of knowledge in LDAP functions and SAS programming, I am not able to move forward. I wonder if anyone here has already done this, and if so, if you could share the solution with me.

Details:

- LDAP Oracle 11.1.1.7

- SAS 9.4 M4

Thank you for your attention.

Attachment
SAS Employee

Re: Synchronize users between SAS Metadata and LDAP

Posted in reply to th1agol1ma12

Hi @th1agol1ma12

Usage Note 40628 (Automating the addition of users and groups to a SAS® Metadata Repository) would be a good starting point.

It references the documentation SAS® 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide and sample code.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

Occasional Contributor

Hi @Damo,

Thanks for your response, I started working with this link, however it does not provide many details of the loading process using LDAP, only Active Directory
SAS Employee

Hi @th1agol1ma12

I'm not expert but I think LDAP is the protocol used for Active Directory, so instructions should work for you.

Cheers,

Damo

Occasional Contributor

Hi @Damo,

Yes, but I was not successful at running the LDAP server. The return of SAS support was that the script is directed only to AD and that it has no documentation for LDAP
Occasional Contributor

On documentation sended by support: For other formats, the first step is to figure out how to extract the data from your authentication provider. If you have LDAP, you might be able to modify the Active Directory sample for your purposes.

Has anyone made this adaptation yet?
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation