DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Suggest me the Connectivity code for SQL in SAS

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Suggest me the Connectivity code for SQL in SAS

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

I have SAS 9.4 and SQL(2008) application in my PC.My entire database are in SQL application.

I want to use SQL database in SAS. There i found some code for connectivity in internet but those are not effective.

Can any one please suggest the perfect code with an example for me to proceed further.

Libname New_lib ODBC NoPrompt="Driver=C:; Server=192.168.1.14; Database=Mvdsc1302; Uid=IT; pwd=***";

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

How/what should i insert in Driver filed, Please help me with correct format.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
a month ago
Super User

Re: Suggest me the Connectivity code for SQL in SAS

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to Sathish_jammy

Open the Windows ODBC Administrator tool and select the Drivers tab to find out the names of the ODBC drivers you have installed. As I suspect you are using SQL Server the likely driver name is SQL Server.

Libname New_lib ODBC NoPrompt="Driver=SQL Server;Server=192.168.1.14;Database=Mvdsc1302;Uid=IT;pwd=***"; 

View solution in original post

All Replies

Forgetting SAS as the client application for the time being, let's first ensure the underlying SQL database client can connect to the SQL database server - because without that, any client applications will fail to connect.

So:

• Can you verify your SQL client/server connectivity is working?
  • Perhaps look in your ODBC Administrator settings.
  • If your SQL client can connect, that is the connection string you should be using in your SAS libname statement.
  • If you have an ODBC entry which (successfully) connects to your SQL database, then use the simpler "dsn='MySqlDetails' rather than the lengthy connection string.

Good luck!

Contributor

Posted in reply to AndrewHowell

Thanks for your suggestion. Smiley Happy 

You guys are really awesome!. @AndrewHowell @SASKiwi

& The code works GREAT!...

Got all the tables from SQL. 

Solution
a month ago
Super User

[ Edited ]

Open the Windows ODBC Administrator tool and select the Drivers tab to find out the names of the ODBC drivers you have installed. As I suspect you are using SQL Server the likely driver name is SQL Server.

Libname New_lib ODBC NoPrompt="Driver=SQL Server;Server=192.168.1.14;Database=Mvdsc1302;Uid=IT;pwd=***"; 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation