BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
David99
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All,

I am trying to write a program in SAS Ent. Guide (EG) to start our LASR server so that i can schedule it to run each morning. I have the program written and it works when run in EG but only when i select the SASAppVA  as the selected server. (we have 2 servers (SASApp and SASAppVA).

When i run it using the SASAppVA as the selected server, it runs and starts the LASR server. However if i save and schedule the program to run i get the following error in the log.-ERROR: You cannot combine the STARTSERVER or SERVEROPTS= syntax with the specification of a host other than the local machine.

I am thinking this is because the program automatically runs on the SASApp server wher it is saved.

I have read numerous old posts about this but cannot find anything recent.

My question is:

Is there a command line I can add to my program so that it executes the program on the SASAppVA server.

My current code is:

libname CPRULASR SASIOLA

startserver host="sasvisualanalytics.XXX.XXX.XXX.au" port=10035

signer="sasanalytics.XXX.XXX.XXX.au:80/SASLASRAuthorization";

Also is there any way of checking if the relevent port is is in use prior to the startserver command in the program.

This way, if the server is already up then the code can exit rather than continue.

Thanks All,

David

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Why do you need to restart your LASR server each day? What is happening to stop it in the first place?

IMO it would be best practice for any stopping and starting of VA services including LASR servers to be handled by server-based scripts and scheduling, not from scheduling on a PC from EG.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation