BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

We have this environment:

Server:

Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64

SAS 9.3 in a managed environment (SAS Metadata Server, Lev1/Lev2, etc).

Desktop:

Windows XP Professional x32 (bleeding edge, huh?)

SAS 9.3

Some staff still use SAS DMS on their desktop, rather than EG connecting to the workspace server on the server.  I need to configure a desktop environment that instantiates a SAS/Connect session as identical as possible to an EG workspace server session, esp. with respect to the allocated libraries.  The libraries are defined as pre-assigned in the metadata.  Some of these libraries use the Oracle engine.  The Oracle client is installed on the server.

I tried this:

%let conport = 7551;

%let sa01=our.remote.server.com &conport;

options comamid=tcp remote=sa01;

options sascmd='E:\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp\WorkspaceServer\WorkspaceServer.bat';

signon;

thinking that would launch the WorkspaceServer.bat file on the remote server.  But, a command window flashed on my local machine, and I got an error.

On the remote server (RDP session), I did this from a command window:

D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3>sas -metaserver "remote.server.com" -metaport 8561 -metarepository "Foundation" -metaprotocol BRIDGE -metaautoresources "SASApp"

All the libraries were properly allocated.  I then submitted this in SAS:

filename set pipe "set";

data _null_;

infile set;

input;

put _infile_;

run;

Partial output:

ORACLE_HOME=d:\oracle\11.2.0\client_1

Path=D:\Oracle\11.2.0\client_1\bin;D:\Oracle\11.2.0\client_1;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Win

dows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.

0_24\bin;D:\Program Files (x86)\sysinternals

I submitted this on my local SAS session:

%let conport = 7551;

%let sa01=our.remote.server.com &conport;

options comamid=tcp remote=sa01;

options sascmd='sas -metaserver "remote.server.com" -metaport 8561 -metarepository "Foundation" -metaprotocol BRIDGE -metaautoresources "SASApp"';

signon;

rsubmit;

filename set pipe "set";

data _null_;

infile set;

input;

put _infile_;

run;

endrsubmit;

I won't list the results, but ORACLE_HOME wasn't set, nor was Oracle in the path.  I got errors in the log for all the Oracle libraries that were pre-assigned via the metadata.

Any idea how I can instantiate a SAS/Connect session which mirrors a workspace server session instantiated by EG?

Thanks,

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I've got this working now.

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I've got this working now.

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

what went wrong?

what needed fixing?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation