BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wcpatton
Calcite | Level 5

I have the first session up, I want to open a second one so I can run two programs at once, etc.  How can I accomplish this.

As an aside, is it possible to hide the "variable name change" warning in 9.3 with proc import?

5 REPLIES 5
art297
Opal | Level 21

: Will it work as desired if you include the location of the cfg file in the properties that are applied when you call SAS?

Take a look at: https://communities.sas.com/message/111072#111072

Ron_MacroMaven
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

just click on your icon again and you'll open another session

Here are the notes and warnings in the 2nd session:

NOTE: All registry changes will be lost at the end of the session.

WARNING: Unable to copy SASUSER registry to WORK registry. Because of this,

WARNING: you will not see registry customizations during this session.

NOTE: Unable to open SASUSER.PROFILE. WORK.PROFILE will be opened instead.

NOTE: All profile changes will be lost at the end of the session.

NOTE: This SAS session is using a registry in WORK.  All changes will be lost at the end of this

NOTE: session.

Why do you want to do this?

Ron Fehd Once.is.Enough maven

art297
Opal | Level 21

Ron: I often have multiple sessions running, especially when I have to process a lot of data, and can cut a 20 hour job down to 1 or 2 hours real time.

I like to access my SAS profile and defaults for each job thus, in the icons properties I include the cfg file location along with a -rsasuser

That will provide the defaults, eliminate the warning, and only leave the notes and fact that profile changes won't be saved.

wcpatton
Calcite | Level 5

So far, I've got it working by adding -rsasuser to the sasv9.cfg.  Not sure how to add the cfg location to the icon properties.

art297
Opal | Level 21

: I usually include both in the target of the SAS icon's properties, but you could have the -rsasuser in the cfg file.

My system has the following target:

"D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\sas.exe" -CONFIG "D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\nls\en\sasv9.cfg" -rsasuser

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation