BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
slolay
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All

Is there a shortcut that I can enter in the Keys window to make my cursor go back to the command line so I may enter a command?

If this is possible can it also be set as a toggle which would take me back to the same position i was in the text editor (if that is where i am).

Thanks
Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Turn the command line on using the DM command COMMAND.

Then the HOME key should toggle between that command line and your location in the file.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Unix it looks like the command would be Home to toggle as desired.

In Windows the command is Command to open the command line but I can't see how to get the cursor there. Focus looks like it would help but that is for the Command Window which is a slightly different beast and doesn't toggle. But a key assigned Command will return to the last position in the editor after closing the command line in a window. Click next to the command line to enter other commands.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Turn the command line on using the DM command COMMAND.

Then the HOME key should toggle between that command line and your location in the file.

slolay
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi ballardw and Tom

Unfortunately I can't both mark you as correct answer but both of you were right! Thanks!

Happy days

Steve

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation