BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Geoff1
Fluorite | Level 6

I want to do a sequestial (not stepwise) regression using SAS EG and control the order in which the IV's are entred into the regression.

Geoff 

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly, but to fit a sequential model you can use PROC REG and specify the SEQB option on the MODEL statement to produce the sequence of parameter estimates as each variable is entered into thte model. The variable order is determined by the order in which the variables are listed on the MODEL statement. For example, look at the SeqParmEst table in the output for the following example:

proc reg data=sashelp.class plots=none;
model weight = height age / ss1 seqb;
run;

The SeqParmEst table follows. The last row is the final parameter estimates that are listed in the ParameterEstimates table.:

Sequential Parameter Estimates
Intercept Height Age
100.026316 0 0
-143.026918 3.899030 0
-141.223763 3.597027 1.278393

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation