DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Selecting multiple variables in PROC SQL, but only creating one macro variable with into clause

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Selecting multiple variables in PROC SQL, but only creating one macro variable with into clause

Hello,

Quick question for you guys: I basically want to create a macro variable called syserr1 that if greater than 0 will give me an error message in an other code.

Now, the code below creates my macro variable no problem, I was just wondering if it was possible to create ONLY one macro variable in my procedure instead of 3? (AKA no need to create &nobs and &nuniqid

proc sql;
	select count(distinct ID) as Nuniq, count(*) as Nobs, calculated Nobs - calculated Nuniq as diff 
	into :nobs, :nuniqid, :syserr1
		from Have
	;
quit;

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-23-2017 11:00 AM
Super User

Re: Selecting multiple variables in PROC SQL, but only creating one macro variable with into clause

proc sql;
	select count(*) - count(distinct ID) into :syserr1
		from Have
	;
quit;

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User
Super User

Re: Selecting multiple variables in PROC SQL, but only creating one macro variable with into clause

I really don't understand your question.  If you only want one macro variable, then only select one data item:

proc sql;
  select count(distinct ID) 
  into :nobs
  from Have;
quit;

Contributor

The macro variable that I need is the difference between the unique observations and the total number of observations. My third variable in the select clause creates this variable and is the only one that I need.
Solution
‎11-23-2017 11:00 AM
Super User

proc sql;
	select count(*) - count(distinct ID) into :syserr1
		from Have
	;
quit;
Contributor

I knew it was gonna be easy... Wow. Thank you very much for response time, Good day to you!
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation