BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

We get this error : Segmentation Violation In Task [DATASTEP ], or Segmentation Violation In Task [TRANS ]....

under

Sas version : 9.2

Os               : Unix

But , when I get a more disk space, I do not get this message (Segmentation Violation In Task) for the same code.

Why ?

Thank you .

8 REPLIES 8
mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

Could happen for different reasons.

What is your SAS maintenance release ?

What Database you work with?

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank your your message.

What is your SAS maintenance release ?

9.2M3

What Database you work with?

SAS

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

Which UNIX you use? 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Segmentation vialotion points some kind of memory addressing problem. You worked around it, what kind of explanation are you looking for? I think only the SW developer are able to answer that.
Data never sleeps
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Why for the same code in the first time I get an error, in the second time, when i get a more disk space, i do not get this error ?

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

Thanks for the information...

What is the main function of this code that cause this error? What Procedures do you use in it?

Can you post the part of code which cause the error or the log for that ?

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

many  procs !

with datasteps, ......

As I say before , the code is correct, in the first time gives an error , in the second time, when I have more disk space, i get the results without any error ..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation