BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Lulus
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All, 

I'd like to learn if there is a scoring statement for Proc Custer?

so after I determine the Proc Cluster segment rules, I'd like to apply the "rules" (restuls from outtree=?) onto new dataset (same people with diffrent X generated with seperate time) to see if the cluster memmebrship stays the same.

Is there any "scoring codes" for doing this work?

thank you for your help in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Look at proc fastclus with options outstat= and instat=. First step, do the clustering on original dataset and output cluster statistics with outstat=. Second step, call proc fastclus again with another dataset and use option instat= to bring back the cluster definitions produced with the original dataset. The second step does assignment only.

PG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Look at proc fastclus with options outstat= and instat=. First step, do the clustering on original dataset and output cluster statistics with outstat=. Second step, call proc fastclus again with another dataset and use option instat= to bring back the cluster definitions produced with the original dataset. The second step does assignment only.

PG
Lulus
Obsidian | Level 7

I'd like to know the scoring procedure specifically for Proc Cluster. thank you!

Ksharp
Super User
That would lead you to DISCRIM Analysis ,Not CLUSTER Analysis, Check PROC DISCRIM .
Lulus
Obsidian | Level 7

so is there no way to score after "model building" by proc cluster?

Ksharp
Super User
Yes. That is DISCRIM Analysis thing. How do you know your test data would be properly clustered ? The difference thing between DISCRIM Analysis and Cluster Analysis is DISCRIM has a TRAIN dataset, CLUSTER Analysis don't have.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation