BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
saikiran43
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

I am very new to sas ,so i recieved a requirement from my company  to connect sas with ms sql server,  so for that  may i know what are the possible ways, and how to do it  and what is the software should i install on my local machine  so that i can able to access the sql server.

Firstly, tell me what is  sas, and it installation process on local machine,and what are the softwares required ? I have downloaded the all the softwares available in sas sites but nothing is working fine.So can tell me as a beginner what requirements should i gather inorder to accomplish ,please help me.

Thanking you,

Saikiran.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

To be honest I think this is too big a subject for a forum response - my advice would be to get in touch with your local SAS office who should be more than happy to get you on the right path.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

To be honest I think this is too big a subject for a forum response - my advice would be to get in touch with your local SAS office who should be more than happy to get you on the right path.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

There are two SAS products that enable you to connect with MS SQL Server: SAS/ACCESS to SQL Server or SAS/ACCESS to ODBC. To get either of these products you need to talk to your SAS Account Manager first as @ChrisBrooks suggests. He can organise a software order for you which will contain the instructions on how to download the software - you won't find this openly available to download. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation