BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

I want to calculate sample size per group to test proportions if i think and response rate is 1% and i want to detect a difference of 0.5% with power 90%.

I run this:

proc power;
twosamplefreq test=pchi
groupproportions=(0.015, 0.01)
npergroup=.
power=.9;
run;

Is that  correct for what i want to do? I get ~10,400 per group

I tried doing this for response rate 3% and detect a difference of 0.5% with 90% power. Logically i thought the Nper group would be smaller since the response rate is higher but its more. Which makes me think that i am doing something wrong.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Did perhaps want the NULLPDIFF option to dest the proportion difference? Set to 0.05 the sample size drops to 86.

mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

well i guess then i dont understand what the GROUPPROPORTIONS option means? 

mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

and to be honest with 1% response rate sample size of 86 does not feel reasonable...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation