BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fikri
Calcite | Level 5

hi guys

please help me

when i try to do simulation prosedure (SIMLIN PROSEDURE) with SAS

this error showing

WARNING: Solution values are missing because of missing input values for observation 1 at NEWTON iteration 0.

WARNING: Solution values are missing because of missing input values for observation 37 at NEWTON iteration 0.

WARNING: Solution values are missing because of missing input values for observation 38 at NEWTON iteration 0.

WARNING: Solution values are missing because of missing input values for observation 39 at NEWTON iteration 0.

WARNING: Solution values are missing because of missing input values for observation 40 at NEWTON iteration 0.

WARNING: Solution values are missing because of missing input values for observation 41 at NEWTON iteration 0.

WARNING: Solution values are missing because of missing input values for observation 42 at NEWTON iteration 0.

what should i do?

2 REPLIES 2
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Where is the error message? I see seven warnings, clearly naming oberservations in your input dataset containing missing values and therefore making it impossible for proc simlin to calculate solution values.

ballardw
Super User

I would tend to think that if you need to remove the warnings to either remove the observations with missing data or update the data with values. Or live with warnings.

When I see a pattern like a value missing for successive observations: 37 through 42 for example, I tend to think that there could be an issue with the data source. I would back track the data to see if something didn't come through for some reason.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation