BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GeorgeSAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello all,

May I ask where SAS will search the SASxxx.cfg file automatically? 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

RTM

It depends a little on your OS, here's the Unix documentation.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostunx/69602/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p13flc1vsrqwr8n1vu...

Ksharp
Super User
proc options option=config value;run;
GeorgeSAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you, I can use the option to show the location of cfg file, I want to know how does SAS search the location of the cfg file? is there any default searching location? thank you!
Reeza
Super User

Did you read the documentation I linked you to?

GeorgeSAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello Reeza,

I am still reading it now. lots of information in the documentation. also I think I don't have permission to change the cfg file.I am a programmer.

I have another quesiton for you, there is always a cfg file(Let's call it config1) at C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3,in the file always write:

-config "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\nls\en\sasv9.cfg" (I don't have permission change it,I am a programmer)

and in the file: "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\nls\en\sasv9.cfg"(Let's call it config2),the real options were wrote inside. ....why not write all config in config1 but in config2 insdead?

Thank you!

Reeza
Super User

NLS -> National Language Support

en -> English

What happens if you had multiple languages?

This provides the mechanism to have a default somewhere and then customized versions in the language section. 

If you don't have permissions and are 'just a programmer' then I wouldn't worry about the config file. To be frank the questions you've been asking are more administration related and not SAS 'programming' related so...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation