The following errors occur: 

ERROR: Library ABC doesn´t exist.
ERROR: Library ABC doesn´t exist.
ERROR: Library ABC doesn´t exist.
ERROR: Library ABC doesn´t exist.

But the library ABC is defined correctly. It´s shown in the library list and I can query the tables in it. 

Do you have an idea how I can skip or solve this errors?

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What is the result of a PROC DATSETS?

Data never sleeps
FloHau
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for ur answer!

PROC DATASETS works fine. I execute the following code:

PROC DATASETS lib=ABC;
RUN;

The report shows all tables, names and paths correctly.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

obviously, there's something that is not working.

Please describe more about your library (engine, storage, authorization) ) and your environment (PC SAS, EG - metadata sever etc).

Data never sleeps
FloHau
Calcite | Level 5

thanks for your help.

I´m using SAS 9.3 and EG 4.3. The Libname is located on a local Disk (I:\...) and the engine says "V9".

In that Libname Folder are SAS Table and Index Files.

I tried to exclude the Libname from the query with > WHERE libname NE 'ABC' > but that doesn´t work.

Now, I find a solution that works but it doesn´t make sense in my opinion. The SAS Code works when I exclude alle entries where memtype NE 'VIEW' like this:

proc sql;
  create table test as
    select * from sashelp.vtable where memtype NE 'VIEW';
quit;

The strange this is that in that libname are only memtypes with the type "DATA", no views or something else. I don´t understand it ...

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Does:

proc sql;
  create table TMP as select * from DICTIONARY.TABLES;
quit;

Work?  If not, can you export your sashelp.vtable to csv and post it?  Never come across this problem before, could it be that the library is assigned and then the underlying folder is deleted or something like, could there betwo entries in the?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Look at views in other libraries that reference a dataset in 'ABC', and then look closely at the library name in the view (special characters or such).

Just a hunch, but ...

FloHau
Calcite | Level 5

I tried to query the DICTIONARY.TABLES before. It results in exactly the same error.

Here is the csv (the relevant libname where the error occurs is ODS_LAG)

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, can't see anything there.  Do a filter on all sashelp - not just where the problem occurs - of all views.  Basically try to narrow down where the problem occurs - it maybe a special character in a file, it may be a connection to database etc.  So run a select on everything in sashelp.  Then exclude views, if that works we can look at just views, so retrestrict to that, narrow it down each run. 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Could it be that any of the views are corrupt, or pointing to data sets not available at the moment?
Data never sleeps
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Do views have a feature that might hide them

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation