DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

SAS to do Data Analysis Crude OR and Adjusted OR

Contributor

SAS to do Data Analysis Crude OR and Adjusted OR

Need crude and adjusted odd ratios with the CIs

I have a project where I have to do a data analysis of a cross sectional study looking at a minimum of 4 confounders and 1 effect modifier on top of the exposure using SAS.

I am supposed to run a proc logistic on this to give crude and adjusted odd ratios . My issue is that the variables all have multiple levels such as my exposure is regions. How do I get the Odd ratio for each individual region? My effect modifier is sex, how do I get the individual OR for male and female?

Please help! I am so bad at SAS and I need to get the data before I can complete the rest of my project.

Super User

Re: SAS to do Data Analysis Crude OR and Adjusted OR

Posted in reply to jessica_join

Use the oddsratio statement. Check out this example - run the code too! 

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_logistic_examples02.htm&docsetVers...

With one note: set param=REF on your CLASS statement. 

If if you’re still uncertain post back with specific questions and your code. 

Contributor

Thank you! But how would I do a stratified analysis to find the individual ORs for each group compared to the outcome?
Super User

Do you want stratified logistic regression or are you looking for something like: Men are 1.3X more likely to die before 80 than women?

Stratification is a different process and then you would include that variable in your STRATA statement. 

Otherwise, the oddsratio is the number you're looking for here. 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation