BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mishan1980
Calcite | Level 5

I have a simulation program that I am running under various conditions.  It has worked for all but 8 conditions.  The only difference in these 8 is the IP size is set to 4 versus 3 or 2.  It runs through the program through the 500 data sets I have generated when IP size is set to 2 or 3 and does so in about an hour.  When I change IP size to 4 it gets stuck in the data step and I have to stop it.  I have let it sit for 24 hours thinking it was just thinking. It never completed.  I have 1,000 observations in each of my 500 data sets.  I broke those into data sets containing 100 observations thinking this would help but I am having the same problem, it will run through some of them and then hang in the data step on random data sets.  No errors or warnings are being produced in the log.  Not sure what I need to do to get this program to run.  The program has nested loops but it has worked previously for the IP size conditions so I know I am not missing a semicolin or end command.

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

I don't know why you split your dataset but it seems weird to have 500 * 100 datasets, is there no way to process this all in one file using BY groups?

I'm not sure how we can answer/suggest anything though without code or an error ....

Mishan1980
Calcite | Level 5

I attempted to run the 500 data sets with all 1,000 ovservations but it would not run through the first one.  So I changed the number of observations down to 100 and it ran.  But I would much rather run the complete 1,000 observations in the 500 data sets.  I left it running for over 24 hours without it completing one.

Mishan1980
Calcite | Level 5

Attached is the code for one of the conditions.  I appreciate any help with this!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation