BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all - new here.

My SAS programs have been running really slow lately. I use a large database but queries that used to take 30-40 minutes now take 2-3 hours. I know our database hasn't grown that much in the past few months that it would translate to that big of a delay. Any ideas on why? Could it be something with our server? I'm not an IT guy so I'm not sure if I can even do anything about it, but it's been killing my productivity lately. THANKS!
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
For a system that was working fine and now is not, the first rule/question is "What was changed?"

When was the last time one of the servers involved was rebooted?

Is this a 100 Mb switched network? If so, are all the adapters and ports set to 100/FULL duplex explicitly. It has been a known problem for years that "Auto Negotiate" does not work as intended in a 100 Mb network.

Did someone change any of the programs? If so, they probably introduced the problem.

Has the database software been upgraded? Does it then need to be retuned?

Has SAS been upgraded? Does it then need to be retuned?

Is there now a bottleneck in the network due to the addition of other traffic?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation