BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

What do I do to make SAS program editor open a new window for each SAS program that I am opening?

Currently every program I open is appended to the end on the current SAS program editor window.

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

What version of SAS are you running and how are you opening your programs?

VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

9.4 I used the file open program and also the icon on the menu bar

VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

DLGOPEN VERIFY

fails the verify part is not working how do I make SAS open a program into another program editor window of the same SAS session?

ballardw
Super User

What you describe as the desired action is typically the default behavior. It sounds like someone may have been playing around with some default behaviors for file types and messed something up.

Which version of SAS? Is this a server or local install? SAS Studio, Enterprise Guide, Base SAS (or the DMS)?

Do you have a SAS command box on the menu line? It would look like a simple text entry box with a drop down arrow. If so try typing DLGOPEN and then press the enter key. Let us know what happens.

Reeza
Super User

In your case, it's best to contact Tech Support for assistance.

rogerjdeangelis
Barite | Level 11

I use the old text editor, if i type this on the old editor clean command line 'editor h' oprns up withe tha sas programe

note h.h;inc c:/utl/cuth.h

I suspect you could write a command macro to open up 26 editors with a command macro

%macro twnty/cmd;

%do i=1 %to 20;

note h&i,.h&i;inc c:\utl\prg&i..sas;

%end;

%mend;

%twnty;

save in your autocall lib or put on a function key?

options cmdmac;

type twnty 

on clean command line

rogerjdeangelis
Barite | Level 11

I use the old text editor, if i type this on the old editor clean command line 'editor h' oprns up withe tha sas programe

note h.h;inc c:/utl/cuth.h

I suspect you could write a command macro to open up 26 editors with a command macro

%macro twnty/cmd;
  %do i=1 %to 20;
       note h&i,.h&i;inc c:\utl\prg&i..sas;
  %end;
%mend;
%twnty;

save in your autocall lib or put on a function key?

options cmdmac;

type twnty 
on clean command line

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation