Bal23
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I know we usually use excel with the following code

PROC EXPORT DATA= work.scores
    OUTFILE= 'C:\excel files\class.xls'
    DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE;
     SHEET="class";
RUN;

I hope my report be nicer. So I want to use PDF. The problem is, when I continue to generate pdf files, how can i replace them. Does it have the function that it can have different pages that allow me to modify and replace? Plus, how to add password to the pdf file that I generate?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

Here's the SAS documenation on the ODS PDF destination. Also there are many SGF papers about ODS PDF at http://support.sas.com.

The ODS PDF destination, like all ODS destinations, always creates an entire document, It is not possible to modify an already-existing file. 

Concerning passwords on your PDF files, see the section "Securing ODS Generated PDF Files" here.

Bal23
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks. Without a sample sas code, without an example, it is hard for me to do.

Plus, I saw

"You can set the PDFPASSWORD option at any time, but it is ignored until the PDFSECURITY system option is set to either LOW or HIGH. When the PDFSECURITY option is set to NONE, passwords for a PDF document are not needed."

Would you please provide sas code? or an example with code?

Thanks.

Reeza
Super User

Also look into ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP and ODS EXCEL

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation