DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

SAS library

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS library

i am following along with the SAS tutorial.  I am not seeing the library option on my SAS studio.  I do i form a SAS library?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Thursday
SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS library

Posted in reply to Vaishali1
Hi:
The tutorial datasets are not provided. Many of the tutorial videos use data from the SASHELP library or from the documentation examples. The tutorials are intended as quick "how-to" videos for you to practice with your own data.

We provide sample data inside our e-learning classes, such as the free Programming 1 or Statistics 1.

cynthia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User
Super User

In the SAS editor you would type:

libname <ref> "<path to physical location>";

<ref> gets replaced by an alias of your choosing, <path> is the physical network pathname to a folder which SAS can access and where datasets saved into the library physically get stored.  It should be in the training. 

New Contributor

thank you for your reply....very helpful

Solution
Thursday
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
The tutorial datasets are not provided. Many of the tutorial videos use data from the SASHELP library or from the documentation examples. The tutorials are intended as quick "how-to" videos for you to practice with your own data.

We provide sample data inside our e-learning classes, such as the free Programming 1 or Statistics 1.

cynthia
New Contributor

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas

thank you very much for your reply....since i am very new to SAS, it is taking me a while to figure out things.

SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
The Programming 1 class is free as self-paced e-learning and can help you get started with the basics.
cynthia
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation