BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sgupta
Calcite | Level 5

Everytime I start SAS I have to again run below command to generate SAS library mysassg.?

libname mysassg "U:\SAS\SAS_data";
run;

Can I permanetly create it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

There are a couple of options depending on your set up. If this is base SAS you could either create an Autoexec.SAS program file and have the configuration file point to that. Any code in the autoexec executes when SAS starts.

Another approach is to use the Tools>New Library wizard, enter the path and name information and check the box "enable at startup".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Yes, but you have to either do it through the point and click, and click the enable at start up button 

OR

Modify your autoexec file to include the library reference. Depending on your environment it may be locked down.

ballardw
Super User

There are a couple of options depending on your set up. If this is base SAS you could either create an Autoexec.SAS program file and have the configuration file point to that. Any code in the autoexec executes when SAS starts.

Another approach is to use the Tools>New Library wizard, enter the path and name information and check the box "enable at startup".

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation