BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
_Altons_
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All,

I am having problems with the noreplace option, I've nearly wiped out the whole sashelp library so I made a copy of sashelp.shoes and tried one more time to check whether the noreplace was working or not. Still not working and I wonder why!

Please find below the log. Thanks in advance for helping me out with this matter.

108 data shoes;
109 set sashelp.shoes;
110 run;

NOTE: There were 395 observations read from the data set SASHELP.SHOES.
NOTE: The data set WORK.SHOES has 395 observations and 7 variables.
NOTE: Compressing data set WORK.SHOES decreased size by 0.00 percent.
Compressed is 5 pages; un-compressed would require 5 pages.
NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
real time 0.01 seconds
cpu time 0.01 seconds

111 options obs=0 noreplace;
112 proc sort data=shoes; by region;run;

NOTE: Input data set is empty.
NOTE: The data set WORK.SHOES has 0 observations and 7 variables.
NOTE: PROCEDURE SORT used (Total process time):
real time 0.01 seconds
cpu time 0.01 seconds
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Here's the DOC link for SAS 9.2 -- the reference to "temporary SAS data sets" may be a tad vague though. From the SORT DOC:

Note: If the SAS system option NOREPLACE is in effect, then you cannot replace an original permanent data set with a sorted version. You must either use the OUT= option or specify the SAS system option REPLACE in an OPTIONS statement. The SAS system option NOREPLACE does not affect temporary SAS data sets.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

SORT PROCEDURE: Results: SORT Procedure - see NOTE at bottom of section (pasted above):
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/61895/HTML/default/a002473664.htm
_Altons_
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks!

But now I wonder how I could rewrite sashelp.class and other data sets in the sashelp library?
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Contact your SAS Admin, identify a suitable backup-copy, and request a restore be performed.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation