BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

May I request someone to explain how SAS interface with UNIX in simple terms? I would like to undertand how UNIX shell script runs the SAS jobs. How does UNIX calls SAS while running script?

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Could you be a bit more specific, provide examples.  I.e. how is SAS setup, presumably on a server.  Are you talking about Unix script running an application, as thats probably out of scope for a SAS forum.  Or do you mean run unix commands from SAS?

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Yes, I would like to know about SAS set up in UNIX server.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I sugest that you browse the documentation on support.Sas.com for installation and configuration of SAS on the UNIX platform. There also lot of papers on the subject.
Data never sleeps
Reeza
Super User
Thats too broad a question. SAS is an application that can run on Unix or Windows. The intricacies behind scheduling jobs is large - diff tools can be used beside Unix scheduling. The installation type on Unix can vary - users may have to log in directly to a Unix interface or they may use EG to connect to the server, which type are you interested in? This seems like an interview prep ...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation