BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Saranya_Sub
Obsidian | Level 7

HI All, i wanted to move a table from oracle to teradata.The tables are vey huge in size more than 200 GB

i tried the below code

proc append base=tlib.LOADTEST2 (TPT=YES FASTLOAD=YES
TPT_MIN_SESSIONS=2
TPT_MAX_SESSIONS=6
TENACITY=1
SLEEP=5
TPT_ERROR_TABLE_1 = LOADTEST_ET
TPT_ERROR_TABLE_2 = LOADTEST_UV
TPT_LOG_TABLE = LOADTEST_RS
TPT_TRACE_LEVEL=2
TPT_TRACE_LEVEL_INF=12
TPT_TRACE_OUTPUT='C:\SAS_TPT_fastload.txt')
data=OLIB.Master_Oracle_Table(orhints='/*+ parallel(16)*/');
run;

tlib--> Teradata library (pre assigned it)

olib -->oracle library (pre assigned it)

Though its working,i couldnt fetch the table which has more than 250+ columns

when i run the code ,its says -No sufficient memory in SAS

Can any one let me know the reason for the same? any thing i have change in the code to avoid it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What SAS version are you using?

There have been reported memory problems for multi threaded procedures in 9.2.

Also, there is a reported memory problem for bulk-loading Greenplum, this might be similar...?

Adding

options sastrace=',,,d' sastraceloc=saslog nostsuffix msglevel=i;

might give some information on what is going on in the SAS/ACCESS interface (try also with a smaller table so you can audit a non-error copy operation).

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Daniel-Santos
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi.

Are you just using SAS for bridging between databases?

That wouldn't be efficient.

SAS would be downloading the data to a file (and formating it) and then uploading it to the destination.

If it's the case, why just not unload the table from ORACLE and load it from there to TERADATA?

Hope it helps.

Daniel Santos @ www.cgd.pt

Saranya_Sub
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes we are just using SAS as bridge between two database.certain functionality of Teradata (TPT API) is not working in our server
Daniel-Santos
Obsidian | Level 7

Then it will be better to unload the data from Oracle and load it into Teradata with the database native utilities.

I wouldn't recomend bridging data as you might get problems with numeric precision error.

Hope it helps.

Daniel Santos @ www.cgd.pt

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It is very unusual for SAS to run out of memory in PROC APPEND; it reads a record and writes a record.  SAS is much more likely to run out of disk space. 

I'd suggest copying the exact error message (rather than the paraphrase you provided) and searching the knowledgebase at SAS.COM.  A Google search with

site:sas.com

at the end will sort through it pretty quickly.

Saranya_Sub
Obsidian | Level 7
i want to replace certain character(Example | to space) in the teradata table.is it possible to do that in the above append statement itself?
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What SAS version are you using?

There have been reported memory problems for multi threaded procedures in 9.2.

Also, there is a reported memory problem for bulk-loading Greenplum, this might be similar...?

Adding

options sastrace=',,,d' sastraceloc=saslog nostsuffix msglevel=i;

might give some information on what is going on in the SAS/ACCESS interface (try also with a smaller table so you can audit a non-error copy operation).

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation