BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kashili
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS EG 5.1; I do File ->Import data and select the file. Then I get the pop up box with an error mesg ("The task "task3" could not be loaded because it is not registerd with SAS enterprise guide").

How to fix this error..thank you

6 REPLIES 6
pliddi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi kashili, I have the same problem after a fresh install - I don't understand where this is coming from?

(64-bit Windows 8, 64-bit SAS)

Ksharp
Super User

Do you have ACCESS model ?

To see it.

proc setinit;run;

Ksharp

jwsquillace
SAS Employee

Here is one suggestion:

launch the command prompt "as admin"

cd to C:\program file\sashome\x86\SASEnterpriseGuide\5.1

>regtasks.exe /register

Good luck

Jan

kunalkhaneja82i
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you so much. It's working for me.

pliddi
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Ksharp and jwsquillace,

Ksharp - I have a variety of SAS/ACCESS features but not one that has the word 'model' after it.  Should I check the installation for one?

jwsquillace - followed the suggestion, no luck!

Regards,

Peter

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
@pliddi, I think you can ignore the SAS/ACCESS issue. File - Import uses EG client capabilities to import data locally.
You need SAS/ACCESS if you wish to import data on the server using SAS programming.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation