BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AG_Stats
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Everyone,

I have some confusions regarding some procedures and Softwares (Currently I don't have SAS 9.4 therefore, I am asking these questions).

Q1. If we want to use proc sql procedure on a sas software with following packages / Add-ins (or Components):

SAS/Base or Base SAS

SAS/STAT

SAS/Graphs

SAS/ETS

Then can we use that procedure?  Can we use macros as well? (If no then which packages would be required)

Q2. On SAS 9.4 with above packages / ADD-INS can we get a SAS Studio interface?

I mean SAS Studio is more user friendly than SAS (I have heared it & currently I am using SAS Studio UE) for example if we type proc freq data = dataset; tables var1 / (we give a space) then all options of statement table we can easily see with small interpretation. So is this feature is available in SAS 9.4 or can we get it?

Q3. Can we use / get all features on SAS Studio (3.5) that we can get on SAS (9.4)?

Regards,
AG_Stats
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Q1 - Macros and proc sql are included within Base SAS. If you want to connect to a DB or Excel files you'll need SAS/ACCESS to PCFILES and/or SAS ACCESS ODBC or OLEDB or SQL/DB2/Oracle/MySQL.  

Q2 - I don't know the answer

Q3 - Depends on what features you mean. Procs are package dependent but features, such the idea of snippets and the tasks will be consistent.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Q1 - Macros and proc sql are included within Base SAS. If you want to connect to a DB or Excel files you'll need SAS/ACCESS to PCFILES and/or SAS ACCESS ODBC or OLEDB or SQL/DB2/Oracle/MySQL.  

Q2 - I don't know the answer

Q3 - Depends on what features you mean. Procs are package dependent but features, such the idea of snippets and the tasks will be consistent.

AG_Stats
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Reeza, 

Thanks for your reply.

In question 1 do you mean we need extra add-ins (or packages)?

Regards,
AG_Stats
Reeza
Super User

Q1 - Yes, you do need extra licensing. 

For all of this, you're best talking to a SAS representative, they can let you know what's available. There are certain packages they have available if you work for gov't or a University for example.

Q2 - I'm not sure of because it's more of a licensing and installation issue. I don't use SAS studio at work, I do use 9.4 via Base SAS and/or EG at times though not regularly. Also, I use SAS but haven't had to handle installation and set up in about 5 years so things change.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation