DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

SAS University Edition - VirtualBox Error

New Contributor

SAS University Edition - VirtualBox Error

[ Edited ]

Hello.  I have been using SAS University Edition on my MacBook Pro for over a month.  Over a month ago I downloaded VirtualBox and added the shared folder.  Everything has been working fine for this whole time period and I have learned alot.  Today I ran into an error getting SAS university edition to run.

After opening VirtualBox I have always gotten this window.  Clicked start ( which has been replaced by Show since I've already pressed 'Start').

Usually a second window opens where SAS loads then I go to http://localhost:10080

The second window is not loading and looks like this:

What is the issue and how do i fix it?  I'm not sure what changed between using SAS University Edition this morning and last night.  I was not able to fix or understand my problem through searching on google.  

Super User

Re: SAS University Edition - VirtualBox Error

You post shows an interesting DATE related issue and mentions something occured in the future. I suspect something not SAS related but VirtualBox or system date settings.

New Contributor

I just deleted VirtualBox reinstalled the application and reconnected the shared folder. I am still getting the same output that is shown.  Any input on how I might fix this or what could possibly be the problem? I closed out of it last night and reopened it this morning using my computer for nothing inbetween. I don't know what could have possibly changed.

New Contributor

In Terminal when I type: Date the data that is given along with the time is exactly correct.  Does this eliminate an issue with system time?  Since I have already reinstalled VirtualBox does that eliminate it being associated with the probem?  

Super User

Try redownloading the VM and reinstalling.  

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation