BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Socrox
Calcite | Level 5

Hello.  I have been using SAS University Edition on my MacBook Pro for over a month.  Over a month ago I downloaded VirtualBox and added the shared folder.  Everything has been working fine for this whole time period and I have learned alot.  Today I ran into an error getting SAS university edition to run.

After opening VirtualBox I have always gotten this window.  Clicked start ( which has been replaced by Show since I've already pressed 'Start').

Usually a second window opens where SAS loads then I go to http://localhost:10080

The second window is not loading and looks like this:

What is the issue and how do i fix it?  I'm not sure what changed between using SAS University Edition this morning and last night.  I was not able to fix or understand my problem through searching on google.  

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You post shows an interesting DATE related issue and mentions something occured in the future. I suspect something not SAS related but VirtualBox or system date settings.

Socrox
Calcite | Level 5

I just deleted VirtualBox reinstalled the application and reconnected the shared folder. I am still getting the same output that is shown.  Any input on how I might fix this or what could possibly be the problem? I closed out of it last night and reopened it this morning using my computer for nothing inbetween. I don't know what could have possibly changed.

Socrox
Calcite | Level 5

In Terminal when I type: Date the data that is given along with the time is exactly correct.  Does this eliminate an issue with system time?  Since I have already reinstalled VirtualBox does that eliminate it being associated with the probem?  

Reeza
Super User

Try redownloading the VM and reinstalling.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation