BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tushar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I am getting one error, while creating member table abc_x for cluster table x_abc; i am righting below steps in order to create member table

data test1.abc_x(minmaxvarlist=(var1 var2 var3)) index = (var1) label="");

set test.abc(obs=0);

run;

now when i run this am getting error that table name already in use by existing cluster member, so to find this i though maybe this table already clustered with x_abc like mentioned above but when i checked that there is no cluster table there in Test1 library. so usually in my code after above code once abc_x create then code merge this abc_x with x_abc liek below;

proc spdo lib=test1;

cluster create x_abc mem=abc_x maxslot=1000;

quit;

but this code is not running because there is no member table created for cluster from above code. and also there is no Cluster table as well in test1 library. can any one please suggest on this?

Regards,

Tushar J

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'm not quite following you.

When you start, you have neither x_abc nor abc_x in test1?

Please share the logs, start with a proc datasets.

In some occasions, the libref meta data can be scrambled. Try to delete the .spds11 file in your libref domain main directory, and reassign test1 from SAS.

Data never sleeps
Tushar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi LinusH, Thanks for your reply.
When i started i had X_abs, now what happend when i tried to create member table (abc_x) from abc i am getting error, if that would have created successfully then i would have executed next step that is merging with cluster table

proc spdo lib=test1;

cluster create x_abc mem=abc_x maxslot=1000;

quit;

i mean this is hard to explain this code runs in batch there is one process which create x_abc and after that we run clustering

so the above both code which i have mentioned in my first comment thats part of clustering process and since its company code i can't share log thats why t have written similar code. just one question is there any way to find member table in SPDS library? i mean suppose i don't know my member table clustered with some SPDS cluster table but i know the library so is there any code for SPDS where i can find clutered meber table using library? if i am able to do that i can do undo cluster.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

List the members of a cluster, see doc for syntax.

Data never sleeps
Tushar
Obsidian | Level 7

yeah thats i am trying now with below code, I am trying to list every cluster table present in my library to see in which cluster table that member table is present. Thanks Again LinusH.

proc spdo library=test1;

cluster list X_abc/VERBOSE;

QUIT;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation