DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

SAS Programming 1: Essentials

New Contributor

SAS Programming 1: Essentials

Not sure I should be posting here. First time...

I am following  SAS Programming 1: Essentials. I am acessing SAS that is instaled in a remote server in my university.

When following instructions( https://support.sas.com/edu/OLTRN/ECPRG193/eclibjr/setup_win.htm) to create a folder where some files will be installed I get always an error :

19 %let path=/files/pdlonet/home/SAS Practice/ecprg193;
20 libname orion "&path";
NOTE: Library ORION does not exist.

Can anyone help ?

thanks a lot!

Pedro

Super User

Re: SAS Programming 1: Essentials

Some of the code from the training materials assumes that you are working on a local machine without a server. Path related items therefore start on the SERVER and often do not exist.

I believe there may be a menu task that will allow the server to address a library folder on your computer. Or you may need to find out if students have work space that you can use on the server.

New Contributor

thanks a lot for the quick reply!

We do have a drive that we can use , on the server, to store our stuff. I used that one with the exercise but it didnt work.

Super User

The start point for the PATH variable may not be correct. It is a good idea to start all paths from the root or mount point explicitly has otherwise they will generally be treated as relative to the executing path.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation