BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ranny
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

I am working as a SAS Programmer with Finance company (Mutual / Life insurance). I do not know anything about it and I don't know how I am going to deal with their daily work process, daily work flow and finance related data for SAS.

Can you suggest me good book as per my requirement ?? Which have all the information from very very basic to advance level that how to deal with finance related data / how to connect SAS with different tools / how to work on project specification or something that have all the information !!

I hope you understand my question and my requirement. Please let me know if you have some materials or book or real (non-confidential) document !!

Thank you

Ranny

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Since different organisations use of SAS software tends to be very individual, it's hard to give any relevant advice.

A list of SAS products that they use, and a brief description of their SAS usage, would help.

Data never sleeps
Ranny
Obsidian | Level 7

Linus,

Thank you for your advice.

In My company we are using SAS_Unix, PAM(Portfolio asses management), and Autosys for production.

Can you please tell me how to connect Unix_SAS to PAM and other tools and do you think we have any particular book to understand finance logic [e.g. to understand credit, debit management / Journals(Transaction,valuation, cash) etc..]

Please let me know my friend so I can get an more idea about it !!

Regards,

Ranny !!

sgoodin
SAS Employee

Hi Ranny,

I shared your questions with a few book sales representatives in the SAS Publications division. You may want to take a look at this title- Using SAS in Financial Research https://support.sas.com/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?catid=1&pc=57601

For more general assistance with using SAS, you may want to contact SAS Technical Support: http://support.sas.com/techsup/

Best of luck,

SG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation