BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Johnsewell22
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to import a file into SAS.  This is an excel file and I believe my problem is in my filename path, but I do not know how to correct this.  Can anyone help me?  I am going to copy and paste my code and error message.

PROC IMPORT OUT= WORK.B6
DATAFILE= "C:\Users\yakit\OneDrive\Documents\STAT 672 DATA SETS\Data Set B6.xlsx" 
DBMS=xlsx REPLACE;
GETNAMES=YES;
DATAROW=2; 
RUN;

Here is my error message:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
62 PROC IMPORT OUT= WORK.yourfile
63 DATAFILE= "C:\Users\yakit\OneDrive\Documents\STAT 672 DATA SETS\Data Set B6.xlsx"
64 DBMS=xlsx REPLACE;
65 GETNAMES=YES;
66 DATAROW=2;
67 RUN;

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/C:\Users\yakit\OneDrive\Documents\STAT 672 DATA
SETS\/Data Set B6.xlsx.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE IMPORT used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

69 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
3 REPLIES 3
marcel
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi,
Have you tried importing the file by using the File, import data menu in SAS?
marcel
Obsidian | Level 7

better yet, save your table as a "csv" (comma delimited) file in excel and import it to sas. It works fine.

Reeza
Super User

Your issue is the path. You're trying to access your local data but it appears SAS is running on a server. 

You can likely use the GUI tools to import or you need to move your file to the server. Or you need to explain your set up in more detail and we can offer alternatives. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation