BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Question
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I would like to automate a SAS program that will run on a weekly basis and send an email notification to my colleagues to let them know if the program has run successfully or the program has failed etc..

Your help woud be much appreciated

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
Sven111
Pyrite | Level 9

The FILENAME statement allows you to send email via SMTP.  It's pretty flexible and lets you send to multiple people with or without attachments, etc.

Sven111
Pyrite | Level 9
I guess your question could be read two ways, are you asking for help on sending emails from SAS or automating SAS jobs, or both? If you're looking for info on automation, I generally use cron on our linux server to schedule repeating jobs.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation