DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

SAS DI (Data Integration): Creation of Macro

Contributor

SAS DI (Data Integration): Creation of Macro

I have a program in SAS Data Integration that will extract a .txt file named TBDET_MMDDYYYY (MM=Month, DD=DAY, YYYY=Year. Example TBDET_04212014)  to create a new table named NEW

Below are the steps that I did:

The properties of TBDET_MMDDYYYY under File Location Tab is indicated below

Everytime I run this program, I need to edit the properties of TBDET_MMDDYYYY under File Location Tab by renaming TBDET_MMDDYYYY.txt under File name.

For example, if the latest .txt file is TBDET_04222014.txt I need to rename the file name from E:\Personal\RAW\TBDET_04212014.txt to E:\Personal\RAW\TBDET_04222014.txt.

Is there a way in SAS DI wherein I don't need to update the file name anymore everytime there is a new data? Creating a macro perhaps?

Super User

Re: SAS DI (Data Integration): Creation of Macro

Posted in reply to 01SASUser

You said the magic word - macro (as in macro variable). Be sure to e select "Double quotes around file name" in the File Location tabs. How to set the macro variable to a proper value depends on you application.

If you wish to import multiple files in one go you might want to take a look at the loop transform (where you feed the file name from an outer job to the existing job).

Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation