BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
buechler66
Barite | Level 11

After my Rsubit statement I've been attempting to use the RDisplay statement to show the 'realtime' log output of my server-side program.  The server hostname is ISASPROD. I can't seem to get this working.  Is this what RDISPLAY is suppose to do?  Am I using the RDISPLAY statement in the wrong context or syntax?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rsubmit;
RDISPLAY remote=ISASPROD;
...more
endrsubmit;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

DMS Display Manager System. It is now called the SAS windowing environment

You start SAS directly on your platform and not using some client GUI like SAS Enterprise Guide or SAS Studio

Bruno

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Haven't tried but I wouldn't have it inside the rsubmit block, rather after.
Also note it only works for asynchronous remote submits.
Data never sleeps
buechler66
Barite | Level 11
Perhaps I'm not understanding what 'asynchronous' remote submits are? I'm just running my program from the SAS client on Windows.
buechler66
Barite | Level 11
Am I correct in my understanding that this should show a real time remote log as it progresses thru my program?
buechler66
Barite | Level 11

What I'm trying to understand is if there's a way to see the progress of my Rsubmit code as it runs.  If this won't do it, is there a location on the remote server itself where it's writing the log?  I'd like to be able to see the progress of my longer programs as they run. And until the Rsubmit completes the only thing I see in the Log window is "NOTE: Remote submit to ISASPROD commencing.".

Any thoughts?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Have you tried again given my input?

Also, I would suspect this to work only from a DMS SAS session.

Data never sleeps
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

DMS Display Manager System. It is now called the SAS windowing environment

You start SAS directly on your platform and not using some client GUI like SAS Enterprise Guide or SAS Studio

Bruno

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation