DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

SAS Components Different types

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Components Different types

where Funded_DT <> "01JAN1900";

ERROR: Expression using not equals (^=) has components that are of different data types.

Im not sure what I need to do to get this to run without erroring. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-22-2015 04:05 PM
Super User

Re: SAS Components Different types

You specify a date literal with an d at the end of the variable, otherwise SAS assumes that its just a character variable, and how would it know otherwise Smiley Wink

I personally prefer the NE rather than <> for not equals, but its a preference. I think at one time SAS didn't interpret it as not equals, so you may want to verify that it does in your version.

where Funded_DT ne "01JAN1900"d;

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎12-22-2015 04:05 PM
Super User

You specify a date literal with an d at the end of the variable, otherwise SAS assumes that its just a character variable, and how would it know otherwise Smiley Wink

I personally prefer the NE rather than <> for not equals, but its a preference. I think at one time SAS didn't interpret it as not equals, so you may want to verify that it does in your version.

where Funded_DT ne "01JAN1900"d;
Super User

where Funded_DT <> "01JAN1900"d;

New Contributor

Thank you both for your help...Im still a newbie. Smiley Happy I appreciate both quick responses! Happy Holidays!!!
Contributor ndp
Contributor

Use where Funded_DT <> "01JAN1900"D; Hopefully you are using apprpriate option YEARCUTOFF

New Contributor

What is YEARCUTOFF?
Super User

The YEARCUTOFF option sets the century for SAS dates if one is not specified. For example if you had used 01JAN00 instead of 01JAN1900 - does that mean 1900 or 2000?

In your case you are specifying the century so I don't think YEARCUTOFF applies. 

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation