BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ELH63
Calcite | Level 5

I purchased the SAS Certification Prep Guide, 4th edition.  Chapter 1 suggest accessing the SAMPLEDATA.TXT file (page 2) at:

http://support.sas.com/publishing/cert/sampledata.txt

All I get is either FILE NOT FOUND or I am sent to another SAS site.

How can I access this sample data?

6 REPLIES 6
ELH63
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you.  The 4th edition needs to be updated.
Reeza
Super User

You should also find the pages with the errors/mistakes in the book.

@ELH63 wrote:

I purchased the SAS Certification Prep Guide, 4th edition.  Chapter 1 suggest accessing the SAMPLEDATA.TXT file (page 2) at:

http://support.sas.com/publishing/cert/sampledata.txt

All I get is either FILE NOT FOUND or I am sent to another SAS site.

How can I access this sample data?

ChocoCheeks
Calcite | Level 5

Hi 

I am working from the sas prep guide book for 9.4 with SAS university.  Ran the sample.txt code from this link and logged 107 errors, 2 warnings - does this link contain the correct data? Just a bit confused. 

I am working with SAS Unisivity running in VirtualBox on a Mac if that makes any difference. 

Cheers 

Reeza
Super User

SASUSER on SAS UE is locked down so you do need a different library. I thought there were separate instructions for SAS UE for the book somewhere, but you may need to search around for it.

@ChocoCheeks wrote:

Hi 

I am working from the sas prep guide book for 9.4 with SAS university.  Ran the sample.txt code from this link and logged 107 errors, 2 warnings - does this link contain the correct data? Just a bit confused. 

I am working with SAS Unisivity running in VirtualBox on a Mac if that makes any difference. 

Cheers 

ChocoCheeks
Calcite | Level 5
ok thank you, thats good to know. I will have a look around and see if I can working it out... so generally there should not be any errors when running the sample data.txt file for the first time, thats good to know.

Cheers

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation