DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

SAS CONNECT...how can I tell I am already signon'ed to a remote session

Frequent Contributor

SAS CONNECT...how can I tell I am already signon'ed to a remote session

Is there an automatic or global variable, or anything, that will tell me if I am already connected to a remote server (that is, I already did a SIGNON and connected successfully, cleared the log, made no notes to myself, got called away from my desk, and now can't remember if I am connected or not).

Thank you.
Valued Guide

Re: SAS CONNECT...how can I tell I am already signon'ed to a remote session

in SAS/SCL the RSESSION() function provides information you can use, or blank if no remote connection exists
Valued Guide

If sas/AF is not available (or no-one can provide you the catalog with the rsession code) just try
rsubmit;
proc print data=sashelp.vmacro; run ;
Super Contributor

In my experience, it doesn't matter if you're already signed on. If you execute a job with a signon step, it will either signon and keep going or else tell you that you're signed on already and keep going.
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

You can assign the status of the remote connection to a macro-variable by using the CMACVAR option within your SIGNON statement.

You'll find more details about that option by reading the following documentation:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/connref/61908/HTML/default/signon.htm

Regards,
Florent
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation