BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
advoss
Quartz | Level 8
Is there an automatic or global variable, or anything, that will tell me if I am already connected to a remote server (that is, I already did a SIGNON and connected successfully, cleared the log, made no notes to myself, got called away from my desk, and now can't remember if I am connected or not).

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
in SAS/SCL the RSESSION() function provides information you can use, or blank if no remote connection exists
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
If sas/AF is not available (or no-one can provide you the catalog with the rsession code) just try
rsubmit;
proc print data=sashelp.vmacro; run ;
Bill
Quartz | Level 8
In my experience, it doesn't matter if you're already signed on. If you execute a job with a signon step, it will either signon and keep going or else tell you that you're signed on already and keep going.
Florent
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,

You can assign the status of the remote connection to a macro-variable by using the CMACVAR option within your SIGNON statement.

You'll find more details about that option by reading the following documentation:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/connref/61908/HTML/default/signon.htm

Regards,
Florent

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation