BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LOK
Calcite | Level 5 LOK
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I created cubes in SAS DI 3.4, now i am looking for publish cubes using Asp.Net,
it must provide information about profit, revenue and expenditure for different dimensions like Time wise, Product wise, Geogrpahy wise and Channel wise.

My Question is How to connect to sas cubes from Asp.net and how to publish them and is it possible or not, if possible how, What we require.

Please provide information regarding this query.
1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Only a partial answer:
- You need a SAS OLAP Server to surface SAS OLAP cubes (you can build them without this server).
- Instead of programing everything by yourself you could try to use MS Excel together with the SAS Add-in for MS Office (AMO). Create a pivot table and you can surface the SAS cubes.
I don't have too much experience with .net but I believe to remember that I've seen Excel "objects" in Visual Studio. No idea how this works together with a SAS Add-in - but I would try to go down this road (with a lot of Internet research).

Besides of AMO have also a look at the SAS OLAP viewer - there should be a possibility to implement one of the two as kind of portlet (or something similar in .net).

There might be other and better ways how to do it - keep us informed if you learn more.

HTH
Patrick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation