BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tf11
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I've had an issue where, when viewing a dataset and resizing the window in a Base SAS 9.4 session, , the entire base sas application will freeze.

There is no error dialog/message etc. It just says 'Not responding' at the top left.

How the dataset was created doesnt seem to matter as it happens with all of them.

But, it doesnt happen all the time - maybe once per day.

To recreate - Open a dataset for viewing, resize the window.

This seriously interrupts workflow because if the freeze happens, you can't save anything. Happens often enough that its a serious issue to me.

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

This is definitely something you should work on with Tech Support. 

ballardw
Super User

Until you resolve the issue try to remember to save your work BEFORE doins something involving Viewtable.

Is there any pattern about either large numbers of records or variables?

View vs dataset?

Is the library on a network drive (network traffic may slow access)?

Is the data a native SAS data set or in another database?

Could the data set be locked by someone else?

tf11
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ballardw,

Yes, saving often is something I try and do now.

I cant seem to find a pattern. (no pattern with view vs dataset, dataset location, native vs. another db etc.)

I 'think' it may be related to the monitor issue as described by Rick_SAS below.

The issue notes, etc. seem to match.

Thanks for your comment.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Check the SAS Problem Note 54137 to see if the problem and solution applies to you.

tf11
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your time. I think that problem description matches what I'm experiencing. I've downloaded the hotfix...so hopefully I wont expereince it anymore.

Thanks again! 

ArashPS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Did you solve this problem?

I have this issue with my SAS, as well!

Thank you,

Arash

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation