BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ArashPS
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Most of the time when I open a dataset my SAS 9.4 will freeze, and I have to close and reopen it!

My SAS has this issue even for small datasets (from work or other libraries).

Thank you, 

Arash

6 REPLIES 6
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Arash,

What you call "my SAS", is that Enterpise Guide, SAS Studio, Display Manager or some other client? Is SAS running on a server or a local pc? Can you explain a bit more about your technical environment?

Eventually you may have to call tech support and they will also want to know.

Regards,

- Jan.

ArashPS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jan,

It is SAS base 9.4, and it is running on a physical computer. 

intel(R) Xeon(R) E5-2650 v4 2.2GHz, Windows 10, 64-bit.

I contact SAS support and told me to adjust some options in Windows, I did but the problem was not solved!

They finally said that there is a issue between SAS and Windows compatibility and it takes time to be solved. 

But, my colleagues with same computer and windows and same SAS version do not have this problem!

Thank you for your time,

Arash

ballardw
Super User

Also HOW are you opening the data set? Clicking on a table in the SAS explorer, issuing a Viewtable command, something else?

How long have you waited to see if the window will actually open?

ArashPS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi There,

Yes, I open the datasets by double clicking on them. When it gets freezing, I have to close the SAS and re-open it.

Once I left the SAS freezing, after 2 days SAS was still freezing.

Thank you,

Arash

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Has this only just started happening or it is always been a problem with your SAS install? If it has always been a problem then I'd try re-installing SAS.

ArashPS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have worked on this new physical computer for 1 month.

Once I re-installed the SAS, but the problem still remains.

Thank you,

Arash

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation